Our overdraft service is a discretionary service available to eligible account holders for payment of items presented against insufficient funds (inclusive of fees). We may as a discretionary service, but not as a right or obligation guaranteed to you, pay overdrafts up to a dynamic overdraft limit. This program assigns overdraft limits on a customized basis. Dynamic over-draft limits will be set based upon each individual account holders specific account activity.
Account holders will be eligible to receive authorization for the following types of transactions to be paid into their overdraft limit:
- ACH transactions
- Bill Pay
- Teller Transactions
- Every Day Debit Card Purchases (if Reg. E opted in)
- ATM Withdrawals (if Reg. E opted in)
To verify if your ATM/Debit card is opted-in, you may contact any branch location.
An account must maintain a positive balance at least once every 30 days to receive overdraft assistance.
- The bank's normal insufficient funds (NSF) fee of $29 for each overdraft transaction will be deducted from your overdraft limit.
- Overdrafts above the established limit may result in checks being returned to the payee and the normal NSF fee of $29 per check being assessed to your account.
- The bank will notify you by mail when an overdraft occurs and the $29 NSF fee has been charged. After the 30 days, you will be charged interest daily on the overdrawn balance at the rate of 2% per annum.
- If you are unable to bring your account to a positive balance, you will receive a letter from First Security Bank informing you of the situation and your options. If, after a period of time, your account has not been brought to a positive balance, we will have no option but to close your account and take other steps to recover the funds.